I just hit 200 posts today(! 🎉), so it’s probably a good time for this post.
I’ve blogged on an off for years, but I’m really enjoying it at the moment. I think for a few reasons:
- I’ve found a focus that I’ve stuck with. I went through a stage of wanting to blog but being really unsure about what I should blog about. As a consequence, I kept wiping the slate clean and restarting. It feels good to be well past that and doing something positive and creative.
- Seeing other people’s art in Reader and having a small audience motivates me to keep creating and sharing.
- I enjoy the connections I’m making through blogging (Reader really helps with that). I also learn a lot through my interactions with other artists who are blogging.
- I love being able to look back at what I’ve learned and achieved—especially since the blog is visually focused. It’s quite encouraging.
- I love having my own little corner of the interwebs where I can collect and share stuff that matters to me. It’s great being able to capture quotes, tips, and advice for future reference too.
- I like that the blog is not so much about writing this time round. I work with words all day long (I’m a technical writer), so it’s nice to work on something more visual.
- It’s a diversion from work, which I’m really not enjoying at the moment (and that’s putting it mildly).
There are probably more reasons, but those are the main ones. Blogging’s still pretty cool after all these years.